As planned for Week 8,
YAML Generator has been added to the ModTool and the basic
grc_xml template has been replaced with the
Since, the branch
YAML only, the
grc_xml_generator has been replaced with a
grc_yaml_generator. The CLI command has been changed from
makeyaml. Similarly, the API or the core class has been changed from
ModToolMakeYAML. The python library
pyyaml has been used to dump the dictionary into
YAML data. The generated
YAML scripts are in strict correspondence to the existing
YAML files in the
Since it is not possible to manage the order of entries using the traditional dictionary which stores the entries in the sorted manner according to the
keys, I have used an
OrderedDict to manage the dictionary entries. For implementing an
pyyaml, I have added a special
representer to the traditional
data_flow_style has been kept as
grc_xml has been replaced with the template
grc_yml which gives the brief description of the
YAML file that needs to be added for
Moreover, I have slightly modified the
CMakeLists and the directory structure. The modtool configuration file has been moved to the base
modtool folder. The
CMakeLists.txt of the base
modtool folder adds the
sub_directories for the installation. The
README.modtool has also been updated.
I have also replaced all possible
str.format() in the python modules of the
core as well as
The entire work for
gr_modtool overhaul has been rebased to the branch
next from the branch
python3 and the pull request with current work status has been made.
Tasks for Week 9
- Bug fixes of the PR (if any).
- Create an XML to YAML converter (CLI option as well as API support).
- Start working on the GUI.